Due to COVID-19, the 2020 Lord-Lieutenants’ Awards are currently postponed. Dates and venues are to be confirmed. Please watch this space for further details.
Following the outcome of the Lord-Lieutenants’ and Lieutenant Governors’ Awards panel, the Association congratulates all those nominated on being selected for an award. The Order of the Day documents, one per county inc Isle of Man, lists those personnel who are to receive an award this year:
The annual Lord-Lieutenants’ and Lieutenant Governor’s Awards for Reservists, Cadet Force Adult Volunteers (CFAVs), cadets and employees of the Reserve Forces and Cadet Organisations of the Armed Forces are recognised as laudatory honours throughout the Ministry of Defence.
Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenants are the representatives of the Crown for each county in the United Kingdom. Men or women of all backgrounds, they are appointed directly by Her Majesty the Queen, on the advice of the Prime Minister. The Lieutenant Governor of the Isle of Man is Her Majesty The Queen’s Personal Representative, and is appointed by Warrant of Her Majesty The Queen.
Each year, the presentation of the Lord-Lieutenants’ Awards for Cheshire, Cumbria, Greater Manchester, Lancashire and Merseyside, and the Lieutenant Governor’s Awards for the Isle of Man, are facilitated by the North West of England and the Isle of Man Reserve Forces’ and Cadets’ Association (NW RFCA).
The awards include:
- Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenants’ and Lieutenant Governor’s Certificate of Meritorious Volunteer Service;
- Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenants’ and Lieutenant Governor’s Certificate of Meritorious Cadet Service;
- Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenants’ and Lieutenant Governor’s Commendation;
- The appointment of Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenants’ and Lieutenant Governor’s Cadets for each county and the Isle of Man.
- Certificate for Meritorious Service for veterans and other service charities
- Commendation for veterans and other service charities
Nominations for the Lord-Lieutenants’ and Lieutenant Governor’s Awards 2020 are now closed. For information about the awards, eligibility and instructions on how to make a nomination, download the information booklet available on this page.
Please note: we recommend that you read the information booklet before completing and submitting a nomination for an award. If you have any questions or require any further information about the awards, please contact NW RFCA.