Each Financial Year NW RFCA offers three key streams of financial support to Reserve and Cadet units to assist with projects and activities for the benefit of unit personnel. The three streams are:
Regionally Generated Income (RGI)
Alternative Venues North West generates income (RGI) through commercial lettings of Army Reserve Centres and other facilities. The hired location automatically receives 30% of the hire fee. The remaining 70% contributes to funds available for all Reserve and Cadet units to bid for. These bids can be for specific purchases or for assitance to Adventure Training exercises.
For further information about submitting a bid for RGI, download the full Financial Instruction.
To submit a bid for a specific purchase, download Annex 1: Application for Financial Support – Projects
To submit a bid for assistance to an Adventure Training Exercise, download Annex 2: Application for Financial Support – Adventure Training Exercises
Employer Engagement Grants (EEG)
Employer Engagement Grants (EEG) can cover the costs of engagement events, such as dinners and visits, which help further the aims and objectives of the Reserve Forces and the Cadets.
For further information about submitting a bid for Employer Engagement download the full Financial Instruction.
To submit a bid for an Employer Engagement Grant, download Annex 3: Application for Employer Engagement Grant
NW RFCA currently administers five active Trusts, aimed at disbursing charitable funds to Reserve and Cadet units to support projects, facilitate activities and enhance welfare. Each Trust is governed by a Board of Trustees (made up from the Association membership) which is responsible for ensuring the fair consideration of bids and subsequent distribution of funds.
NW RFCA is responsible for the following five Trusts:
- Stretford Road Trust Fund (SR): to provide facilities for furthering the efficiency of units of the Army Reserve in the Palatine County of Lancaster;
- Blackpool Drill Hall (Yorkshire Street) Trust Fund (BDH): to promote any charitable purpose in connection with any units of the Reserve Forces or Cadet organisations whic operate in Blackpool or the County of Lancashire;
- Congleton Drill Hall Trust Fund (CDH): to provide facilities for furthering the efficiency of units and members of the Army Reserve and the Cadet organisations in the Borough of Congleton;
- Macclesfield Drill Hall Trust Fund (MDH): to provide facilities for furthering the efficiency of units of the Army Reserve and the Cadet organisations in the administrative County of Cheshire and the Metropolitan Borough of Wirral;
- North West Army Cadet Force Trust Fund (NWACF): provision and support of training and education and duties of good citizenship for young persons in the Army Cadet Force in the North West of England.
Trusts meeting annually in September or October. For further information about submitting a bid, and a full bidding timeline for Trusts for 2016-17, download the full Financial Instruction.
To ascertain eligibility for Trust funding, download Annex 4: Unit Eligibility for Trust Funding
To submit a bid for Trust funding, download Annex 1: Application for Financial Support – Projects