The Air Training Corps, better known as the Air Cadets, is a UK-wide cadet force with more than 40,000 members aged between 12 and 20 years.
We’re sponsored by the Royal Air Force and can give you hands-on experience of activities and courses that will challenge and develop your skills to help you succeed in whatever you want to do.
The ACO is made up of two areas:
- Air Training Corps – The ATC is the RAF’s cadet force, divided into six regions, 34 wings and more than 900 squadrons within communities around the UK
- Combined Cadet Force (RAF) – The CCF (RAF) is our section of the CCF which is made up of cadets from all three services, coming together in approximately 200 independent and state schools across the country
Our aims are to:
- Promote and encourage a practical interest in aviation and the Royal Air Force among young people
- Provide training which will be useful in the Services and civilian life
- Encourage the spirit of adventure and develop qualities of leadership and good citizenship
And there’s one more important thing – it’s a lot of fun!
For more information about the Air Cadets and how to get involved, click here…